Thursday, July 8, 2010

My new job

It is not like you didn't already know that I worked for Flying Island Press or anything but I did want to take a minute or two of your time to talk about what I do there, and how the job is going.

But Before I get into that I should tell you about the other wonderful and talented people that I am working. I can't tell you how much I admire their drive, and desire to make this work.

First off we have Zach Ricks who's brain child this was. He is our managing editor, lawyer and principle business type guy. JP Losier, who is primarily responsible for our development efforts as well as being an invaluable reader / editor. Philip Carroll, who manages our slush pile and manages keeping the rest of us on track. Last but certainly not least there is Scott Roche. Scott is our sales and marketing guru, when he is not acting as a reader / editor he is also a very talented audio engineer.

So what is it that I do for Flying Island, well I am also one of the reader / editors, as well we being in charge of most of their IT type things.

This is my dream job. I can't way that enough so I am going to repeat it. This IS my DREAM job. I have wanted to work in the publishing industry for as long as I can remember (probably as long as I have wanted to be an astronaut) and this is my first step into that world. On top of that I get to use the skills I have developed over the last 15 years as a computer geek and support something that I am really into.

In short this project is very important to me, and I hope that some of my enthusiasm rubs of on you. I think there are some great things going to come from this.

For more information you can check out http://flyingislandpress.com We even have our first issue out so I can now say that I work for a real publisher.

No comments: