Monday, February 16, 2009

Facebook TOS

If you were thinking of joining Facebook to show off your work, you need to very carefully read the Terms of Service agreement. They have basically said that anything you post is theirs to do with as they will. I was thinking of joining Facebook as a way to connect to more people but I think now I will be thinking no about that.

I do not know if you have a copyright or Creative commons license if this might protect you, but honestly I would not push my luck with that one.

here is a link to Facebook's TOS read it carefully.

Always Protect your hard work. Make sure before you sign up anywhere you read their agreement for intellectual property. Always take the time to license your work, and if at all possible make your voice heard about this issue. I am thinking maybe, just hypothetically here, clicking the contact us link on their page and letting them know what you think. Tweet about it, Blog about it, tell all your friends about it.

No comments: