Thursday, July 9, 2009

World powers accept warming limit

Just a note:

This headline bothers me. I am sure if I read the article I would feel differently, but I am not sure of that. I mean what does it mean? I see images of President Obama in a Star Fleet Uniform saying "it must stop hear, no farther!" and then some little girl saying you broke your little ships.

Does it mean that once the earth reaches some magical temp they will start working on controlling it. Ok everyone when Tampa Bay gets to 105 and St Petersburg, Russia is 85 and Northern California hit 102, then everyone open your fridge for one hour every day, that should cool things down.

Good luck with that one guys. As Steven Hawking has said, the longer we stay on our planet the more likely it is that something will come a long and wipe out the human race. This may seem unrelated but think about it. We have some pretty stupid greedy people in charge of our planet right now. They could be the thing that comes long and wipes us out. The hard part is you can't really run from stupid.

I am not saying we, should ruin out planet and leave, we just need to forward thinkers, to really be in control. and people to not make stupid statements like that one. I am beginning to sound a little like Dr Horrible here so I will end this now.

2 comments:

Mick Bordet said...

"You can't really run from stupid" - that is a great line and surely destined to be a Great Hites prompt!

It reminds me of the following quote from Frank Zappa: "Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe."

And on the subject of the World ending, FZ had this to say: "It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice — there are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Jeff Hite said...

I don't know if this will be a GH prompt or not, although it does lend itself story telling. I will have to think about that one. Thanks for the comment. I really like the last FZ quote.

-Jeff