Monday, January 12, 2009

Weekly writing prompt Questions

I was wondering if anyone would like to change the way that we do the weekly prompt.

Here are the changes that I can think of.

1. I post three or four prompts that you could vote on.

2. I could post the prompts further in advance, maybe a month.

3. We could let people suggest weekly prompts.
A. Either writers only like the 100 word stories.
B. Anyone could suggest a prompt.

The Next question is do you like the longer prompts that kind of steer you in a direction or the more wide open shorter prompts (one or two word prompts)

Let me know what you think about these, or if you have any suggestions of your own.

Thanks

-Jeff

Download

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like a long prompt, though it is harder to use verbatum. I would think that a short prompt should be used word for word, but longer prompts might be used with only requiring that 'the spirit' of the prompt be addressed. I tried to find a way to use "Take your army of darkness to work day". I could just see some worker bringing in all their kids on 'bring your kid to work day', and have them tear the place up.... But ended up going a comnpletely different way.

I think that you should still be the one to post the prompt. (Takes the heat of me...) But if people could submit ideas, you could, randomly, or actively, choose one from that data base.

A lot of opinons for a noob, huh?

Keep up the good work,

nj

Jeffrey Hite said...

Thank you. New to this or not your comments are welcome.
-Jeff