Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Where to begin

I have started a blog a couple of times before and was never sure what I should do for my first entry. I mean I know it will get buried under all the other ones, but you have to start somewhere right?

So, now that we have that out of the way let's start by talking about what I plan to do with this blog / podcast.

First, In the future if I am running late this is where you are going to see the why and how. You may see a quick note on GreatHites, but most likely it will just be a link to here. I really want to keep the other site dedicated to writing, and if I keep adding personal things then it detracts from that. I think that the people that write for GreatHites deserve all the attention they can get so, I this is an attempt to keep the clutter to a minimum.

Second, I read a lot of books. Well I think I read a lot of books, and podiobooks is my new best friend, since I work during the day and I get listen while I am working, or driving to and from said work. What is the point of all this. Well I intend to write reviews of the books (and movies) that I have read / listened to / watched. If I can link them to reviews that I have written on other sites I will do that.

Third, I am not a one trick pony. I am more than just stories about the odd topics that I pick, so this is where I will talk about some of the other things that I am doing. Things that are going on in my life that I deem interesting enough to share with you.

Fourth, if I do something of interest on other sites I will put a link to those here.

Fifth, I am tossing the idea around about having this be the place where you can discuss some of the stories on GreatHites. What you like, what you didn't like and what you think the new topics should be.

Last but not least, this is where I will ask questions of you the reader / listener about what is going on at GreatHites. These will be things like how can I improve the site. What kinds of things would you like to see that would make the whole thing a better experience.

All in all this is going to be a personal blog and hopefully this will he worth your time and be interesting enough for you to read. Please feel free to leave comments

No comments: